Monday, June 21, 2010

MEN CAN BE BOYZ,ALWAYZ.

Father's Day has just been celebrated, by everyone,everywhere,at least I hope so,because I believe,that every act of love, must be appreciated,reciprocated,for it to continue growing.We start taking things for granted, or don't feel the need to count our blessings.And thats when relationships start getting stale,and lose their lustre.On Father's Day,I was with Manna in S'Pore,and throughout the day,many very touching incidents,over the years gone by, were continuously flashing before my eyes,and they were all about being loving,and kind.I must go over some of those,just to show,that even after moving on in life,with all its pressures,stresses,and strains, the love,care,compassion,and kindness, is very much existant,and their precious gift to me.
Let me start with Ashis.When he was about four, I was serving dinner to some guests who had come over,when I realised, I needed bread for breakfast the next morning. So I told everyone to continue,while I would run down,and get it.Suddenly,Ashis stopped eating,got down,put on his chappals and said,"You cannot go out alone,at night.I will come with you!"He took my hand,and started going down the stairs.I still get tears, whenever I think of this incident.
Manna was also very caring,kind,and attentive,and always making sure,I was alright.During Durga Puja,whenever he bought something for himself,he would come to me, to ask, if I wanted to share it with him.And once,we were on a trip to Kerala,and in Trivandrum,I suddenly came down with fever, due to the extreme heat.Manna was about two at the time.He came and took another pillow,right next to mine,lay down,and refused to leave me,till I recovered.I have a photograph of this lovely moment,preserved like a treasure.Innumerable such sweet,and touching incidents,filled my life with joy.And today, as I see them as fathers,or in the myriad roles they play,I can still see their love,and kindness,every step of the way,and that is the gift I cherish,and treasure.
I was in Buffalo,US, from Oct. 2009 to Jan.2010,in very extreme weather conditions.Heavy snow,completely home bound,and all movement very restricted.But Ashis would always organise things in such a way,that I could go out, and enjoy doing what I liked.Browsing in my favourite store Michaels,or Target,Kohls,or J.C Penny,take a walk in the Mall,or whatever I enjoyed.This caring makes a very huge difference to life.And when I was leaving,to reduce the tension in the air, he said,"Would you like to go out and choose some more red things for your home?I can take you!"Thanks Ashis, but no red thing can compare with the love,care,thoughtfulness,and kindness shown to me.Thats what I value most.
And while in S'Pore,even after leading an extremely hectic,stressful life,Manna would get up early,every Sat/Sun. to take me to lovely places,which are exquisite in the early mornings,and sit around patiently,while I did the photography,or enjoyed a walk.And he took leave from work,to spend a day, at the newly opened Universal Studios, specially for me,because I love such places.And many little incidents were constantly taking place,a reminder of the special relationship we share,and how much it is valued.
I can go on,and on,and on.But those who travel the journey of life,without losing their values,are on the right track,and when I am with my boys, I feel very blessed,and privileged,and pray to God to give them all the best in the world,so that they can live their lives, happily,peacefully,successfully.Because to me, these men will always be the special boyz in my life,my treasures,my joy,my wealth.Happy Father's Day,dears.Enjoy it. June 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment