Wednesday, May 18, 2011

LIVING IS CONSTANT LEARNING! MAY 2011

Dear Manna, I don't know whether you will read this,because, in UR very BZ life,you may not find the time,or,perhaps you won't think it worthwhile, to spend it, on the musings an 'OLD' person.Specially UR mother!It is a strange fact of life, that most children, think their mothers to be,someone necessary around the house,but never think of her as a person,an individual,who has dreams,hopes,aspirations,and capabilities, beyond household work.Who loves her home,and family above ALL else,but also,loves to live her life,according to her vision,and is actually a very multi-faceted person.Anyway,instead of ranting,I will come straight to the point of my effort today.You have helped, me sort out a situation in my life,which was giving me a lot of worry,and I just didn't know what to do.But you have shown me the way,and I am really happy.I'm back on the rails once again.
After I shifted to Aundh,going for a walk had become a nightmare.This is a new,upcoming area,so there is a lot of construction going on, everywhere.There are no pavements,one has to walk on the roads,where the traffic is very heavy,being the Bombay-Pune highway.Having spent 32 years opposite the beautiful Kamala Nehru Park,was making it more miserable.There, I used to go for my walk around 9-30 AM,and loved every moment.The huge trees provided cool shade,so I could enjoy walking.But how was I going to sort this out here?In the evenings, it is impossible to walk anywhere, because of crowds,heavy traffic,and, because I live alone,for which I am the cynosure of all eyes,I didn't feel like doing it.But,not being able to go for a walk,was making me miserable.
But, my dear, you showed me the way,and I've learnt an important lesson from my child.You must be wondering what I'm raving,and ranting about?(MOTHER'S!) From early childhood,you've always been an ardent sports person,skilled at many,and enjoyed exercising.And you have continued that,inspite of a very gruelling skejule,and innumerable committments.Today when I see you, never missing out on UR exercise,no matter what, and whether it is going to the gym,or swimmimg,cycling,jogging,or playing some sport,you will do it,no excuses there.Just like your father!And I'm really proud of you,for being so dedicated about this.Because health IS wealth,no two ways about that.But what lesson have you taught me?
I thought about my problem at length,and wondered what you would have done.And then it clicked!I decided to get up at 5AM,go for a walk around 5-30,walk briskly for 45/50 mins.and return.And I've been doing that, successfully,for some time now.The weather at that time is lovely,very cool,no traffic,no horns blaring,no one coming in the way.Only lovely birds chirping away,and I am perfectly tuned to myself.Its a beautiful feeling.I'm thrilled to have found a way out from a situation that was bothering me,and you have taught me a very valuable lesson. Where there's a will,there's a way,and I've fought all problems, of heat,congested roads,too many people,a suitable timing, and found my way out.I'm happy,and enjoying myself,and I'm sending you a BIIIIIG hug, for showing me the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment