Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS

One of my sons will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow,and I too am spending all my time, going over the beautiful memories we share, between us. Does a mother ever stop being a mother?I don't think so,and I've always referred to myself as a professional mother,because mothering is the only thing I am good at,greatly enjoy, and find very fulfilling.A mother has this very uncanny ability, to always know, exactly what goes on , in the childs mind, and although my child, is over forty(sorry dear!), I still love to do little things for him,like cooking his favourite dish,and watching him enjoy it,or give him a little gift,that only I know will please him,etc.Its just a mother and son thing, instinctive,inborn,and indelible.

Unfortunately, in todays modern, and so-called smart,fast-paced world, many mothers have been tossed out of the son's life, and he has walked out, in search of his fortunes, and his mother has no place in his life..But even this fractured relationship, cannot separate a mother from her son,because she continues to love him through her tears,prays to God to look after him,and also for his success in life. That is the strength of the bond---its always there,and will continue to be the cushion, that is life's integral part.
My son Manna, was in a great hurry to enter the world,and did so, under very dramatic conditions. For ten days before his entry, I was unwell,and the night before, there was a terrific storm, while I continued to have strong pains. Going out was completely impossible,but he wasn't willing to wait. So, as soon as it was morning, I was rushed to the hospital,and before the doctor could even get ready to welcome him, he announced his arrival very loudly,very vocally.I knew then and there, that he would be a strong individual, and make his own decisions, though this one may have proved a big disaster, if we were even a fraction of an instant, late.He was very fair,very thin,but always smiled.

Our years together, have been very enjoyable,with a fair share of ups,and downs,we'ev fought very tough battles,and shared very soft,soothing,endearing moments. But through it all, our bond kept us going. I prayed for him to just go on his path,and be happy,and he also,tried to do his best for me. I've seen him handle all his problems with balance,self-control, and sensibility,and be a very caring,committed, extremely loving husband, father,and home-maker. Yes, thats right, usually women are referred to, as home makers, but Manna is a very good cook, and loves to experiment(I loved the delicious hot,mutton puffs he made for me,during my recent trip!)and also shares the housework. Since they live abroad, there is no house help,and sharing is imperative.He is also a doting father,and enjoys a wonderfully vibrant relationship with his lovely daughter.And most of all,is a very hilarious person!

Since I visit them regularly, I watch everything all the time,and store them in the data bank of my heart. And today, on his b'day, I pray to God, to grant him good health,mental peace,fulfillment,and help him to realise all his dreams. To give him the strength to keep moving,make the correct choices,and live his life with the values, ethics, and principles, instilled in him,by his parents,who loved him dearly. And now that his father is not around, I am playing the role of both, and watching him happy,and satisfied with himself,is the gift I'll always treasure. Happy b'day dear,may God always bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment