Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MY RACE WITH LIFE

Hello all of you guyz,who visit my blog,read what I write,and cheer me on,though writing is something I love doing,and don't really need a push. But most people cannot even imagine the kind of life I live,specially when I am happily,and excitedly, preparing to step into my seventieth year.Yes, thats right,and at a time,when people are scared of crossing thirty, here I am,living life to the hilt,with lots of dreams,hopes,and aspirations to fulfill,and always working towards the next rung, on my ladder of personal achievements. I just keep moving towards the goals I set for myself,and continue to sing my own song,because,"A cuckoo sings,not because it has an audience,but because it has a song to sing!"And I have many songs to sing. I write my own words, tune it myself,and enjoy it too,thats how I travel in the journey of life.

This is the festival season, and my favourite Durga Pujo is just around the corner.All of us Bengalis,have very pleasant memories of pujo,and thats what makes it a great attraction to us.I remember in early childhood, I loved to wear the pretty frocks, my mother got tailored for me. There were new shoes, maybe a matching beaded necklace,and a little money, to eat at the food stalls,or buy a little toy,or trinket,from the balloonwallah, standing at the gate of the pandal.But all these brought so much pleasure to us,so much joy,that the thought of pujo, always brought on happy smiles,and till today,when I have four grandchildren,these days are very special to me,and I am always rearing to go to the pandals,and freak out.
However, with the passage of time,the simplicity has almost completely disappeared,and its more about flaunting monetary strength,and gettings things done. So now,designer saris and dresses are in vogue,mothers don't play any role in their selection.Men make it a point to go to well known boutiques in Kolkata, and wear the latest in haute couture.But the atmosphere of the pandals are more or less, the same,very vibrant, friendly,colourful,and crowded.
Believe it or not, even this year, I will be making a few hundred sweets,by public demand,and that is the crux of this piece.My days just fly past, hands are always full, and I have still not experienced boredom, which unfortunately, is the disease of most people,after the children leave for their chosen fields. But since I'm managing,I wish to keep going,although sometimes I yearn for a little break. But, God has other plans,and I have to go on. As Celine Dion has sung,"Climb every mountain,thats how my heart goes on!"

1 comment:

  1. ,"A cuckoo sings,not because it has an audience,but because it has a song to sing!"

    How true.
    And we are always conscious of what people will say !!

    ReplyDelete