Saturday, August 22, 2009

THE FRAGRANCE OF FRIENDSHIP

Today I am very excited,because I am getting ready to leave for my best friends son's wedding,and it is the relationship we share,that makes this, a very special moment.I met his father,when he came to Pune,straight out of I.I.T,and joined his first job.I cannot remember how,or where we met,it must have been at our local Bengali club,or perhaps during Durga puja,but what does matter is that,even after 30 years,we are still enjoying a beautiful friendship,and enjoying each others company. As we moved on in life,he got married,and I was there to welcome his new wife. Then this boy was born,and I have been a part of his life, ever since.I remember when he was a little baby,his parents, who are very talented people,would put up programmes during Durga Puja,and all of us would take turns to baby sit . As he grew up,he loved to come over to spend the day with me,and between us,we enjoyed every moment of the day.And now, when he is on the verge of marriage, having chosen the girl himself,I feel very happy for him,and thrilled to be able to participate in this very special moment in his life.Its really a very thrilling experience,and I am as excited as a child with a new toy,or a favourite chocolate.In todays world, relationships are almost non-existent,and I know of children who toss out parents, without any qualms,who do not care for anybody,or anything,other then self,and cannot imagine lifting a finger for anyone,or anything. And here I am, merrily participating in my friend's sons wedding,helping out in whatever way required,and celebrating a dear,deep friendship."It is the relationships we build,and the way we culture,and nurture them,that sustain us,in our journey through life!"And I am thankful to God,for blessing me with this truly priceless gift, and giving me the ability to celebrate,and enjoy it to the hilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment