Friday, May 29, 2009

WHY?WHY?

This morning,my son took me for a walk, to the exquisite Botanical Gardens of Singapore,which is the most heavenly place I have visited.And although I have gone there several times, every visit is a new,and beautiful experience.The government has done a stupendous job ,of preparing a place ,for the public to enjoy,and indeed,it is a great attraction for those ,who are health conscious,to enjoy their walking,jogging,exercise,or for tourists,and those who just love looking around.I fall into all these categories,so I was thrilled.But I was shocked to see a gentleman ,park his car, on the lucious green grass, just outside the gate,so that he could escape the parking charge!Why may I ask?Should we be so disrespectful,and unconcerned, about the facilities offered to us?And why break rules?Why be so careless about the lovely velvety grass,which has taken hours of labour to look as pretty as it does?So,although I enjoyed my visit,these questions continue to bother me,and we need to be more thoughtful,concerned,and respectful, about our surroundings,and those around,if we want beauty,and happiness as our gifts.Thats the thought for today!Have a smiley day.

No comments:

Post a Comment