Sunday, July 26, 2009

MY CONSTANT BATTLE FOR TIME

I love writing,and started writing very early in life.As a child,my favourite past time was scribbling on a piece of paper,and either penning my thoughts,or writing poetry,and was very happy doing it too. In those days, we weren't allowed to go here,and there,and playing with friends in the neighbourhood, was constantly monitored, there were time limits,and lots of other restrictions. So,we were encouraged to do interesting things at home,and thats when my fondness for writing surfaced,and blossomed. I won my first public prize, for a piece Iwrote, for the children's corner, in The Illustrated Weekly Of India, when I was ten.The prize was Rs.100/- a huge amount at that time,but the adulation I received from my family,my teachers,and friends,was truly exhilarating,and a moment that is fresh, even today. The postman who brought the money order,wanted to know what it was all about,and then asked for his 'baksheesh!'And, I've never looked back,after that.Even today, I love to write,and having moved on,from writing on paper,to the more convenient,and far-reaching internet,my most enjoyable moments are when I'm putting my thoughts down,only now,getting time for that is quite a battle.I don't know why,at this "age," I have so much on my plate,and can't lift my head,due to the demands from everywhere.My hands are always overfull,and I just can't get down to doing what I love most. But I take the example of the extraordinary Mr.Bachchan.He writes in his blog everyday,and very well too,I love reading what he writes,and then realise,that if he can find the time,then why can't I?A world icon,a huge star,devoted family man,doing multifarious activities,and still faithfully writing every day,then why can't I?Its just getting the correct slot, for doing what brings peace,and fulfilment,and not making excuses.I think I must fight this battle with time,and win it,for I have no choice! I can't stop writing,and time has a way of flying away.But everything is possible if the will is there,so lets see how I can handle it better.Keep reading all of you.I'll always have something to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment