Monday, October 5, 2009

THE FLIGHT OF TIME

I have heard many people say, that they are terribly bored with life,and suffer from lethargy, disinterest,and dullness.And this situation arises because, after their household duties are done, when the children have gone on to lead their own lives, they find they have nothing to do,are totally lost,and a terrible vacuum is created.But for me, life has always been an exciting adventure,and living every moment with spirit,energy, enthusiasm,and passion, makes my days just fly past,and trying to keep in step, is a constant battle.
The frenzy of Durga Pujo is just over,and Bijoya is going on,which means lots of sweets are being made,and consumed. And, since my sweets are very popular, I am making various different ones, every day.But I am also preparing to go to Buffalo,US, to have a wonderful holiday with my grandchildren. It is a huge trip,involving many hours of travelling,lots of preparations,plenty of work at home,and tremendous running around.Each morning, I make a list of all the things that need to be tackled, in order of their importance,and start moving.And after hours of going to innumerable different destinations, return home, totally drained,and find something else, waiting to be tackled.And this has been going on for the last several days.
While I am there, lots of special days will be celebrated, so buying gifts for each one, is a huge,and very puzzling task.Once again a lot of running goes on,from one store to another, trying to pick something appropriate,and quite often, it turns out to be a total waste of time.Yet, the search goes on, because it is for very special people,who deserve only the best.
So right now, my days are flying at top speed, and there are too many things to tackle,but very little time. But, travelling is something I love, and enjoy,and so, I am looking forward to visiting the famous Blue Pottery Store at Schipol airport, during my halt there.This is a new route for me, so it will be nice. I have passed through Schipol many times before, but that was a long time ago. I'm sure there will be a lot of changes well worth it.And from there, I go to Toronto, where I will meet those, I am dying to see,my darling grandchildren. Their little faces are like magnets, and can make me do anything.
So , am making the most,of the little time I have,before Friday 9th. when I leave.But wherever I look, something is waiting to be tackled,and I hav eto plunge in. But inspite of the frenetic pace of my life, I love every moment,and hope I can live it this way, till the end."The living of life,is an education in itself!"Also,"departing,leave behind me,footsteps on the sands of time!"

1 comment:

  1. "The living of life,is an education in itself!"

    . . . . .How true.

    ReplyDelete