Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WINDOW GAZING

What I love most about my stay here in Buffalo, is the pleasure of sitting at the dining table, and looking out at the innumerable joys, unfolding before my eyes, at different times, throughout each day. Its like watching a movie, with its various vignettes, and the expectancy of what comes next.I spend a lot of time there, because old age has given me the greatest gift in life, the ability to sit down, and enjoy, whatever comes my way, and nothing, or no one can come in the way, of my thoughts, or choices.A nice hot cup of tea, and something to write on, is the perfect combination, for fulfilment, and true mental peace. And I treasure that.
Life here is truly crazy, and the constant running around, unending chores,and innumerable demands on personal time, takes a very heavy toll,and each day just merges into another,just a mere spoke, in the grinding wheel of life.I wonder how people manage to live it this way, day in, and day out, year in, and year out.In the chapter of my life, where I dealt with family, home, husband, marriage,and all social commitments,I always made time for myself, my own slot in daily life, where only I and my desires existed.It was my "ME " time, and my own world, where I indulged in whatever my heart desired, at that moment.It may have been reading a book, listening to music,cooking, knitting, writing, or any of the other innumerable things I've always loved doing.It provided the mental pleasure and peace, that is so very essential, to handle endless demands and duties, with energy, and enthusiasm.If the inner person is happy, life becomes enjoyable, but without it, very mechanical, and dull.But perhaps ,here, the choices are very limited,and demands overpowering.
While I sit in my favourite place, looking out, I see the lovely trees, in various shades of vibrant colours, swaying in the breeze, showing off their splendid fall colours, burgundy, light yellow, burnt orange, or just in the process of wearing their look of the season, a great feast for the eyes.And then, huge furry grey squirrels, come into the yard, to eat berries off their favourite tree, which is loaded now, but will soon disappear, when snow comes in, to cover them. So they have to hurry, before it is too late.Beautiful birds, small or big, in various different colours, keep chirping to each other,busy in their own world,and providing me with the beauty, that fills my canvass of life. And my tea provides the right touch to this great experience.
Many of my friends constantly ask me, how I spend my time, when I visit, and how do I endure the "boredom" that visiting parents face. And my answer is simple, enjoy what you get, cherish what comes your way, and live it, with thanks, happiness, and grace,because its living life that is the biggest education, and the true test of a person. Thankfully, God has blessed me with the ability to enjoy, and savour life, which I do, with great energy, and spirit, so each day, opens new vistas for me, and fills my data bank with precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment