Monday, October 12, 2009

LOVE MAKES THE JOURNEY WORTHWHILE

After months of hectic preparations,lots of planning,and innumerable things to attend to, I have arrived in Buffalo, to a very loving, warm welcome, from my son and his family, specially the darling children. Buffalo is well known for its severe, and almost never-ending winter,and for a visitor from India, extremely cold, on any given day. But I love winter, and enjoy going out in heavy jackets given by my grandsons,warm with the love that is in it.They have provided me, with every possible garment I may need, to make my stay comfortable, and that is what family, and love is all about.And the reason behind my happily,and excitedly, taking on a huge, long journey, to get here.
I have come across many, who do not like to visit their children, because of the long,tedious journey, and the sitting,and waiting involved.But for me, these are very small incidents, in comparison to the warmth that awaits me, when I arrive, and that keeps pulling me, like a magnet.What is family after all?Its all about being there for each other,with love, care, respect,compassion, and sensitivity,and providing the strength and comfort, each person requires, at every step in life.Thankfully, God has given this gift to me,and also the ability to live my life my own way,which is indeed a great blessing.
So now, my tryst with Buffalo is on,and I have a lot of plans to enjoy myself.Scouting, and scouring around, for gifts for my beautiful home,buying lovely decorative wool, and knitting striking sweaters for everyone I know, walking around, enjoying the changing colours on the trees, proudly showing off the grandeur of fall,eating warm pancakes with ham, and eggs, in the famous pancake house all around,and so much more.Its after all, a question of attitude,that makes a situation enjoyable, and, for me, the beauty of life is in the living.So, I'm always concerned about living with energy, quality, excitement,productivity,and of course, a lot of fun, because smiles make all the difference to everything, and everyone.
So, lets create our own joys, with whatever we get, live with energy, and passion, and savour the precious moments that come our way.For true happiness comes from a smile, a hug, a look of approval, the strength of presence, appreciation, and the unspoken, unwritten message,"I am always there for you!"The severe winter of Buffalo, cannot dampen the warmth of the love, that surrounds me, at all times, during my stay,and I truly cherish these precious moments, that come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment