Friday, March 18, 2011

THE SENSATIONAL SEVENTIES

I'm in the sensational seventies,and life is a ball,
My energy,and enthusiasm,nothing can stall,
I have a lot of dreams,hopes,and aspirations,
Every moment for me now, is a constant celebration.
This is the best time of life for me,
Of compulsions,and demands,I'm completely free,
No deadlines to meet,my time is mine,
And the way I live is perfectly fine!
With a hot cup of tea,I watch the sun rise,
The master painter never ceases to surprise,
Lovely birds flit around,chirping away,
This is how I start each day.
If I feel like it,I just go for a walk,
Or call a friend over,and sit,and talk,
Movies,picnics,and many more,
My life's full of fun,thats for sure.
I can watch a new bud,bloom into a flower,
Or enjoy getting wet,in the season's first shower,
Talk to my grandchildren,the biggest stars in my world,
They add colours of joy,great love,they have stirred.
I can read,or write, or just sit around,
Peace,and pleasure I have found,
What is this life,if full of care
I have no time for enjoyment to spare?


1 comment: