Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SHAKE HANDS WITH YOURSELF!

One of the many questions I am constantly asked is,"What exactly do you do,specially because you live all alone?"Well,I don't mind this curiosity,its perfectly natural,specially because, In Indian society,it is extremely unusual for a lady, of my age,and stage,to live alone,and enjoy every moment of it.The popular concept is,in young age,its always the family,and life revolves around them,and their never ending demands.Its always the woman,who has to stand up to every expectation.And in the process,completely put herself on the shelf, so that she forgets who she is,and loses touch with her inner feelings,her desires,hopes,and aspirations,and becomes an empty shell,holding on to others, to survive.And then, a day dawns, when children have left the coop,the husband is perpetually busy,and the wife has to fend for herself,which she has never learnt to do,because she was either not allowed,or not encouraged to do so.And then starts a life of despair,loneliness,and dejection.
Fortunately for me, my mother taught me,very early in life,that no matter what I was doing,it is extremely imperative, that everyday,I find some time,only for myself,doing things I love,which bring me mental happiness,and give wings to my desires.And I have always followed that,and do it, even now.Having multi-faceted interests, has definitely helped,and being very passionate about whatever I take up,is the secret to the success, that everyone talks about."Where there is love,passion,and dedication,success,fulfilment,and mental peace,are bound to follow".And I can proudly say,that today,after having crossed 70,and "living alone", I am completely at peace with myself,and happy with the way I live.How many can claim that?
To be in love with life,and enjoying the joy of living,creates the energy,and will, to keep going,exploring every avenue,and always looking for ways to improve, enhance,upgrade life, to make it a satisfying experience.I start my day with my favourite hot cup of tea,watching the sun rise,and the magic of the moment, is very mesmerising,and beautiful.I love to write,and do it all the time,even when I'm watching the milk from boiling over.Reading,cooking,travelling,composing poems,music,watching my favourite shows on TV,sports, spending time with friends,talking to my darling grandchildren,being involved in the numerous projects I endorse,you name it,I do it,thats what keeps my life so fulfilling,and creative."The greatest source of energy, is pride in what you are doing!"And of course, the internet has brought the world, within my fingertips.
The person inside is my real guide,and I always give vent to my inner desires,hopes,and aspirations.What people say,or think about me,is irrelevant,unimportant,but what I think about myself, is ALL that matters,because being happy is all about inner peace,and personal calm,which is self generating,and cannot come from outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment