Thursday, April 7, 2011

LIVING,IS MY FAVOURITE THING.

This morning,a friend of mine, asked me, to name, five of my favourite things,and I immediately said,"Only five?I can name fifty,or more.My list is endless!"She was completely taken aback,specially because, she was talking to a person,who,in the eyes of the world,lives a life, that cannot have anything good about it.In fact, most people feel sorry for me.But I laugh it off,as is my nature,because, it is only at the tree laden with fruits, that people cast stones.Happiness is an art, that has to be cultivated.It is self-generating,and is not dependant on anyone,or anything.It grows inside,and blooms,and blossoms into great joy,and beauty,by the way it is nurtured,and cultured.It is very personal,and brings tremendous peace,inner solace,and fulfilment.
What then, ARE my favourite things?Watching the sun rise every morning,like an exquisite painting,and marvel at the different colours that accompany this gorgeous sight.Beautiful birds,big,and small,flitting around,chirping away,happy to welcome a new day,and looking at me,with surprise in their little,shiny eyes.The cool breeze,softly caressing me,as I sit down, to enjoy my favourite tea,made,exactly as I like it.Watching the world come to life,in various different ways,as the day demands,from each person,is also a great experience.
The whole world knows that I am a passionate cook,and my time in my kitchen,is indeed,one of my MOST favourite things.There,I'm at my creative best,and every moment is exciting,and very enjoyable.Decorating my home is also something I love,so I'm always shifting,cleaning,adding, substituting,and trying to make it a place loved,admired,and enjoyed by all.And, I'm very proud to say, it is.When I was young,the happiest place for me,was Disneyland.It still is,I would love to go there again,but now,in the evening of my life,my home,is the best,and happiest place in the world.Everything about it, shows my love,and what I value,and I feel happy here.
I love to travel,and every place, has its own, charming story to tell.Meeting people,and making friends, is also something I love,because it opens the door to so much knowledge,awareness,and insight, into the human psyche.I love good food,am always eager to try out different cuisines,of different countries. Sitting on the beach,and quietly watching the waves come thrashing to the shore,and then go back,in soft,white foam.I have seen the Alps in heavy snow,and some of the spectacular wonders of the world. So how can I name only five of my favourite things?
Reading,listening to soft,beautiful music,talking to friends,spending time with the superstars of my life,my beautiful grandchildren,giving a little gift to my son,and watching the emotions on his face,which he takes care to hide,cooking something for a loved one,that will bring on a smile,writing, which I do ALL the time,compose verse,my first love,knitting,sewing,you name it,I do it.Which ones should I pick?Actually, I'm deeply in love with life,and living it with joy,energy,enthusiasm,excitement,lots of fun,and happy smiles,takes up all my time,so everything about living, is my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment