Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A GIFT 4 ME!


From the time I have seen this photo,I am flying high,like a little bird,feeling great,because it is the realisation of a dream, I have always harboured,and now that it has come true,it is truly a gift to me.I'm sure you,my visitors, are wondering what I am talking about?Well,the pretty young lady,3rd.from left,is my elder bahu Rima,and seeing her sing on stage ,for a special Bengali programme,has brought me tremendous joy.She has received training in Odissi dance,and is a very graceful dancer.At my insistence,she joined the competition for Dhunuchi dance,during Durga Puja,in the 1st.year after marriage,and won the 1st prize.The potential and talent is there,she needs to take the steps to come out,and perform.That is the day I am waiting for.I have always encouraged my two bahu's, to go ahead ,and realise their dreams,specially their talents,which must be nurtured with dedication,and devotion.And for that,if I can help in any way,I am always ready.The ball is in their court.Of course I understand,that living in different foreign countries,with little children to take care of,plus 1001 other heavy responsibilities,it is difficult,or rather impossible, to take time out for one's own self.But to Rima I say,very well done!You have taken one step,now take a few more,and dance,and that will be a gift to me,and to yourself,because you will then have recognised an important person,waiting in the wings to fly,yourself!Remember what it says in the L'oreal ad?"Because I'm worth it!"Congrats!Yeh dil maange more!Love you my dear girl!UR sasuri!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kakima, I had no idea that that Rima didi could sing and dance. This is news to me. Now that I know, rest assured that your inspiration shall be followed by my persuasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya !
    hii .. i just heard about your blog .. that its very cool n stuff
    ohh , i jut read ur stuff , its really wonderful ... really luv it !!
    n so , i didnt know that u were such a beautiful writer..wowwee !!
    luv u ,
    take care ..
    muahh !! <3 <3
    2keys ..

    ReplyDelete