Thursday, June 25, 2009

MISHTI MOOKH (DESSERTS) MALPO

Here is my first recipe,for the recipe file.Since all Indians love desserts,I've decided to start with a very traditional,typically Bengali sweet,called Malpo,which is a great favourite with all my family members,and close friends.So get started:
Ingredients:1 cup maida(white flour)+1 tsp baking pwd.Sieve.
1Tblspn.ghee,melted
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1tspn. saunf(aniseeds)/green cardamom pwd.
Handful raisins
1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
Milk to mix
Sugar syrup from 2 cups sugar+1 1/2 cups water.
Method: Take a deep, round bowl,put in the maida,add ghee,mix well,then with milk,mix into a smooth batter.Add condensed milk,all other ingredients,and with more milk,make a batter as for pancakes.It should not be thick.Leave to rest for 15 mins.Take a non-stick pan,brush with oil,heat,then pour in one ladlefull of the batter,and spread to make a perfect round.Cook on low fire,adding little oil on the sides,and turn,so both sides are golden.Dip in warm syrup,and remove after half a minute.If served with a smile,it becomes very enticing,and attractive.Try it.Best of luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aunty..This recipe sounds lovely..I have put this on my must try dishes in my blog and I have added your blog in my favorite blog roll list...check it out aunty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm... This is delicious! Remember, my parents were up at 12:30 in the night, heating up malpos to eat! Take my word for it, this is most delicious!

    ReplyDelete