Wednesday, June 3, 2009

POSTCARD FROM SINGAPORE


Since I am in Singapore now,enjoying with my lovely grand daughter,I must tell you about some of the most charming features of this place,which is normally not seen any where else.Firstly,there is a constant air of festivity here,as if everyone is busy celebrating something,or the other.I love going to Orchard Rd.which is the nerve centre,and backbone of this pulsating country,and I feel like a little child,all excited,and totally awe-struck, with the elegance,and bustling energy of the whole place,and all the people,swarming around,like bees to honey.A trip to Takashimaya is also one of my favourites,not only inside,but outside as well,where,after playing musical chairs to acquire a seat,my grand daughter and I, pick out the street food we each love,and relish them,while watching the world go by.The huge, magnificent,buildings all around,housing all the famous brand names of the fashion world,add sophistication,and festivity to the whole place,and excited buyers,tons of tourists from every corner of the world,or people like me who love gallivanting,give flavour,colour,and character, to one of the worlds most famous boulevards.Come, visit me again, for more postcards from S'Pore.Have a very happy day.

1 comment:

  1. Jonaki di.
    As usual it is wonderful.keep writing We love to read them.Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete